Thursday, November 8, 2012

Our Miracle Baby

Upon changing doctors that December...I had a really good feeling. They were very supportive and hands on and told me that progesterone supplementation was used in their office all the time.

After meeting with the doctor, they recommended that we start a charting program to more closely watch my cycles and monitor my hormones that way. I don't remember when that was, but I do remember paying for the program. I was bummed to be waiting even longer, but willing to do whatever I had to do to get us to a baby. I was also already familiar with many aspects of charting from our time trying to conceive on our own. We were told our charting program would begin in April, and we would need to abstain for two-three months during that time, in the crucial weeks, until we knew what the problem was.

 That March, we decided we would take it easy and enjoy our last month of freedom without doctors appointments and having everything timed. I went to the charting classes, and paid for the program. In fact, I remember being at the class a few days away from the dreaded testing day wondering. We never imagined what would come next.

After spending money on the charting program, going to the class....it was a few days later I got the first positive test. It was very faint and showed up after the "Testing time". I tried again the next day with the same result. I was terrified. The next day was Saturday and I had to go to a work training at Messiah College. I was only 10 days past ovulation but I decided to try a digital and a line test. When the line test came up positive within the time frame, I used the digital. Seeing the word pregnant on a digital test was something I'd never seen before...I was scared, nervous, and excited all at the same time.
March 12, 2012


I quickly called the on call doctor and left them a message explaining my history, progesterone concerns and the test. I remember failing miserably at not being suspicious that day. I was so excited! I went in for bloodwork that Monday, but it was so hard being quiet that day. I was on pins and needles waiting to hear back, when I did, my numbers were actually pretty good, my progesterone a tiny bit lower than they wanted. And...because of my history they put me on progesterone, once a night. They'd seen me ONE time...it was months ago....and here they were giving me a fighting chance. I'll never forget that feeling. I started the meds right away and things continued to progress well. I was definitely pregnant. The anxiety I felt in the weeks following was incredible. I didn't want to tell ANYONE. And then at around 9 weeks pregnant, we went in for our first ultrasound. Something we NEVER got to experience before either. I'll never forget what happened when she put that wand on my belly. As soon as I saw the baby moving I teared up...then we heard the heart beat. I couldn't stop crying! The heart rate was strong too, 160 bpm. We didn't get any pictures that visit, but I was able to capture video of the heart beat on my phone. The ultrasound machine's printer was down :(

Baby is about the size of a green olive :P
"First" Belly shot. 8 and a half weeks. Wanted to get a shot before the belly started... Taken April 13, 2012!

 April 16, 2012.  Almost 9 weeks!
That's a big olive lol

I had experienced some light spotting and went into the lab for an ultrasound because my Dr's office is awesome. No cause for concern was found!

No comments:

Post a Comment