Friday, August 3, 2012

The Journey that Brought Us Here-Part 1

Nick and I met and started dating on November 28, 2008.

Nick was working full time in Dillsburg and I was working in a childcare facility in Maryland. I quit my job in Maryland and began working at a Daycare in York City to be closer to him. We moved in together in February of 2009. Or I should say, I moved into his Mom's house, with him. We moved into our first apartment together in June of 2009, and our furbaby Lexi, came with us!

We lived in an expensive, TINY one bedroom apartment in Mechanicsburg.

Nick and I both started new jobs after our move. Nick continued to work part time at Dillsburg and also started working full time as a paramedic in the West Shore Area. In August of 2009, I started work full time as a Head Start preschool teacher in Harrisburg, PA. We got Engaged on February 14, 2010. It was amazing and is still one of my favorite memories.

We found out we were expecting our first baby in late March/Early April 2010. We went on our first REAL trip/vacation in Mid April 2010, with our best friends.

The summer after our vacation was a hard one. My grandmother, or Mom Mom, passed away late that April. Shortly after, I miscarried for the first time on May 1, 2010. I was 8 weeks and 2 days along. The baby was due December 10, 2010. I believe that that baby was a boy and have had dreams of my Mom Mom holding him in a blue blanket in heaven.

In June of 2010, Nick and I moved yet again, this time to Carlisle. Nick transferred EMS stations and I VERY happily transferred classrooms. We loved our spacious condo. Unfortunately, we had to leave Lexi with my Mom, as the new place does not allow pets. The move to Carlisle was good for both of us. We were less stressed, saving money and enjoying our new place. We were able to start wedding planning!

On Father's Day of that year my dad was involved in a horrific motorcycle accident on Father's day. While we were in NJ supporting my Dad and all that entailed, Nick's grandfather passed away.

Coming back from that tragic span of time was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I did it though, with lots of support from Nick, friends and family, and a few therapy sessions. It was really hard on Nick too, although he tries to stay strong for me, I know he struggled with the fairness of it all. But we did it, and I truly believe we are stronger as individuals and as a couple because of it.

To Be Continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment