Monday, November 19, 2012

16.5 weeks

      The end of the school year is always really busy. I remember enjoying having finally "come out" per say to my co workers and friends....even though my co workers already knew. They were just nice enough to give me the time and be ready to talk about it.

By sixteen and a half weeks, I had an uber tiny bump going, and my nausea was finally starting to fade. Not all the way though...strong smells like garlic still did me in.

I hadn't really told the kiddos I teach yet, although I had mentioned it in on occasion if a child came running up to me or wanted to sit on my lap. I started to tell them to be careful of my belly. Many of them were noticing my frequent trips to the bathroom and asked if I was okay, and I would usually say yes and that my belly was upset.

Nick and I had the pleasure of being in a wedding of friends of ours this week as well...you'll see a picture from that below. It was quite the parallel being pregnant at her wedding and enjoying my bump in a gown, as the bride was pregnant in OUR wedding as well lol.

Here is a survey about this week:


How far along? 16.5 weeks (Apparently about the size of an Onion according to the bump)

Total weight gain: Still hadn't gained weight at all...probably still losing it at this point

Maternity clothes?! I was still using the belly band a lot and started wearing looser fitting tops and pants. I had a few maternity pants and things that I would wear once in a while at this point...but because my belly was still so little, they would constantly fall down lol.

 Stretch marks? Not yet...

Sleep: I was fully sleeping only on my sides at this point, and finally starting to get use to it...but not sleeping soundly because of it.

Miss anything? I didn't really miss much because I didn't really care and was so excited to be at this point. But I guess sleeping on my stomach was the biggest thing.

Movement: A few tiny moments where I thought...maybe that's baby?? But nothing definitive yet.

Food cravings: Still craving lots of fresh fruit and veggies....and also craving chocolate pudding and chocolate milk now.

Anything making you queasy or sick: strong smells, garlic

Gender:  we didn't know yet and I hadn't had any strong feelings either way which is different from my prior two pregnancies

Labor signs: none obviously

Symptoms: fatigued and still didn't have an appetite

Belly button in or out? Still In

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time: generally happy

Looking forward to: At this point I was looking forward to going on vacation in a few weeks as well as finally feeling the baby move.

No comments:

Post a Comment