Friday, November 16, 2012

NT Scan and Second Tri!!!

On May 10, 2012 , we had to go to the Maternal Fetal Medicine Office in Harrisburg for our Nuchal Translucency Scan.

It included genetic counseling to talk about the testing, an ultrasound and some blood work.

The ultrasound went great. I remember being SO excited to get to see the baby again.


Waving Hi!! :)


Her gorgeous face and tiny button nose :) It had been less than a month since our last ultrasound and she changed SO much.

Forgive the quality, they are pictures of pictures...I didn't get a chance to scan them in to the computer and I'm not sure where they are right this second lol.

A few weeks later we got word on everything. We found out I'm not a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis, so that wasn't a possibility and the combo of the bloodwork and ultrasound put us at less than a 1 in 10,000 risk for both Trisomy and Down's. I would have loved my baby regardless of any disability but to hear something was going RIGHT after all the meds and ups and downs, was just SO refreshing. 

Then...after we were successfully into the Third Trimester...I did something I never thought I'd be able to do.   We were spending the day watching What to Expect When You're Expecting with baby girl's future godparents...who now also have a baby girl as well. 


Makenna's God Parents. Our Best Friends- Melanie, Josh and their daughter Kira who we call Makenna's best friend :)



I put it on facebook (!!) and announced our miracle baby girl, "Our Little Turkey", as she became called. 

Well....we've read all the books, figured might as well see the movie too. We are in fact expecting, Baby Albright will be here November 2012!!!!! :D — with Nicholas Albright.
4554Like ·  · Tag Friends




The response we received was OVERWHELMING.  I'll never forget it. I posted a thank you response and it got almost just as many likes and comments!


     
13 week Bump Shot. Second Trimester!
Baby is about the size of a peach!

No comments:

Post a Comment