Saturday, November 24, 2012

17.5 weeks and Wildwood!

Some may wonder why I waited until now to do these posts...and really I don't have an answer other than lack of time and being unaware of where to start.

It took me not having to work, and realizing I really want to have a way to look back and tell Makenna about her journey later, for me to get motivated.

Our time at 17.5 weeks was a special and BUSY one.  This week, my husband and I were lucky enough to go to the beach together for the first time.


On the Dolphin Watching Boat...more about that below.


We had been wanting to go to the beach for forever but never got the chance. When we found out we were pregnant and the baby was doing well, we actually booked TWO different beach trips.  We figured, ONE, we had never been together so why not. And Two, it would be perfect to have some babymoons to enjoy together before our little one came and we didn't have the time, money or ability to go.

Our first beach trip was spent with Nick's Mom and Brother in Wildwood, NJ.  Nick used to go all the time as a child but I had never been so I was excited to participate in the tradition and see a "new" beach.


Our time at the beach was spent sight seeing, relaxing and EATING lol.  We went to the beach every day and Nick was nice enough to create me little ottomans in the sand so I could put my feet up. 


It was this week that my belly seemed to really pop...which was all the more noticeable in a clingy swimsuit.

17.5 weeks
Baby is the size of a Sweet Potato!

It was during this vacation that some of the most memorable moments of my life happened.  We decided on a whim to book a dolphin watching trip. It was something I'd heard of and when we found a coupon and read the amazing reviews, we knew we had to.

This boat was known as a "party" boat. They play music, go really fast, and the dolphins LOVE it. They come up behind the boat to swim and jump in the wake. The love to play and I guess they can since the vibration of the music in the water.  

SO. freaking. cool.

Safe to say, I was pretty stinking happy.  And then...it happened. For the first time, while on the boat with the vibration of the engine and water under me I felt a flutter. It was like it was so loud and the vibration was so strong that it made her move enough to be noticeable. BEST moment.  Later I joked that she must be a beach lover just like me, because I felt her move at the beach for the first time :)

After that, I would frequently feel her move, but mostly at night while laying on my back. And I had to be really still and focusing on it to feel it :) 

Other recaps- Still on nightly meds and the shots, still having a garlic/strong smell aversion- haha funny story involving a pizza shop, garlicky gyros, and the staff not believing I was pregnant, but morning sickness completely gone. Appetite comes and goes still.


No comments:

Post a Comment